How to get started on Hive Social
People wanted an alternative social media long before Elon Musk bought Twitter and stocked up chaotic mode. Of Be real At Gas, several new options had breakout moments as legacy platforms sputtered. The hunt for the viable Alternative Twitter accelerated after most Twitter staffers were either fired or opted out. A social platform that has gained traction recently is social hive. Oh, and it seems to be run by two people.
“You want to see your friends and family, so we kept it simple and people seem to really like the timeline feed,” said Kassandra Pop, CEO of Hive Social. teen vogue in 2021. The overall structure of Hive is reminiscent of Twitter crossed with Instagram. A reduced focus on algorithms is one of the main differentiators of the platform.
It should be noted that the basic security measures and accessibility features expected from mainstream social platforms are not yet present on Hive. Android smartphone owners might want to wait for an update, as the recently released Android app is a lot more buggy than the iOS option. It should also be noted that the service does not have a web interface at the moment: it is mobile only. You can follow the team on Twitter Where LinkedIn or on Hive like, predictably, @hive, for updates as the platform grows.
Do you want to discover everything that is buzzing at the moment anyway? Here’s how to sign up and some tips for new users.
How to register
- Download Hive Social from Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
- Open the app and press the button that reads Create an account.
- On the next page, choose whether you want to create an account using your email address or phone number. It is also possible to create an account with your Apple or Google IDs.
- After that, you may need to enter a security code sent to your phone number or email address.
- The next page asks for your date of birth.
- Next, choose a display name and a username. (Think of your username as the equivalent of a Twitter ID, though it’s not unique to your account.)
- Choose at least three topics that interest you, such as anime, technology, and horror.
- Faucet Start exploring to find and follow the people you love.
- Choose the tab with a beehive icon to see posts from people you follow. The magnifying glass icon lets you find community posts or search for people to follow. The middle tab is for composing your own messages. The next tab at the bottom is for notifications. And the one on the far right is for your profile.
Tips to get you started
- If you’re having trouble signing up via email, try using your phone number instead.
- Adult content is allowed, but you must enable it first. Visit your profile page, tap the settings gear, choose Privacy and Securitythen press the Adult content tongue. The rocker should be on the right. Any published nudity must be labeled as NSFW.
- On the Privacy & Security page, you can make your account private so that it’s only visible to your followers. This is also where you can disable specific words, control who can comment on your posts, and block accounts.
- From the settings page, tap Music to choose whether or not the song on your profile page plays automatically. Think of it as your walk music. The first song choice costs nothing to add. Additional song slots are available for purchase.
- Tap the question mark icon visible on a common follower’s profile to ask them public questions.
- When you edit your profile, it’s possible to set your pronouns to only be visible to specific audiences.
- You might be used to Twitter’s photo limit which limits the number of photos in a post to 4. Hive allows users to add more than 4 images to a gallery post.
- Be sure to use hashtags if you want your post to appear in the discovery tab.